HOISIN –GLAZED PORK BELLY
This oriental pork dish put me on the spot that I can cook good food (self proclaimed.) I first cooked this for a mom of my former paramourJ. It was a hit, so I’ve been making this for every occasion at home by request!
1 kg Pork liempo or belly cut (1/2 inches thinkness)
1 cup Hoisin sauce (Sold at oriental store and grocery)
100 gram chopped garlic (at least 1 garlic head)
5 pcs Finger chili (siling labuyo)
3 tbsp brown sugar
¼ cup sesame oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 tbsp sesame seeds
100 grams onion leeks
- Combine all ingredients (except for the garnish), in a bowl. MARINATE pork in the mixture OVERNIGHT – its better over night but you can do it 6hours too.
- Drain pork. SAVE the marinade!
- Grill pork until HALF-COOKED. Slice into cubes
- Pour marinade into saucepan, then add the half-cooked pork cubes. Simmer until pork is tender.
- Just before serving, add sesame seeds and onion leeks .
ENJOY! HOPE TO PUT YOU TOO IN THE BEST COOK AT HOME TOO!